Plugable USB 2.0 7-Port High Speed Charging Hub with 60W Power Adapter (BC 1.2 Charging Support for Android, Apple iOS, and Windows Mobile Devices)
Featuring a robust 60W UL certified AC adapter, this is a high speed USB 2.0 hub for connecting a PC, Mac, Linux/Unix, or other computer to add up to 7 additional USB devices. It also provides new, advanced compatibility for devices which support the new BC 1.2 charging standard: charging and syncing (“Charging Downstream Port” or CDP mode) and charging with only the hub’s power adapter and no PC (“Dedicated Charging Port” or DCP mode) at fast charging rates up to 1.5A per port.CompatibilityFeaturing the Terminus FE1.1S Rev B USB 2.0 hub chipset for maximum compatibility. Supports Microsoft Windows 10 through XP, Mac OS X, and Linux/Unix. Apple SuperDrive not compatible. Full forward and backward compatibility between USB 3.0, 2.0, and 1.1 hosts and devices. Requires no driver installation (although individual devices may require drivers).Power and ChargingUSB has become more than a way of connecting devices to a computer with plug-and-play ease and performance. It has also become the method of choice to power and charge a huge range of portable battery-powered devices like cell phones, tablets, USB battery packs, handheld game consoles, e-readers, e-cigarettes, cameras, smart watches, fitness trackers, bicycle lights, and many more. Unfortunately, USB charging is not well standardized. Charge and sync only works with BC 1.2 compatible devices such as the Apple iPhone and iPad (Apple 30 pin dock connector iPads will not charge), plus various Android and Windows devices are also supported. Not all devices support BC 1.2 charge and sync functionality. For detailed charging information on known compatible devices, see plugable.com/products/usb2-hub7bcOther Common UsesIn addition to use as a standard USB 2.0 hub, the hub can power the Raspberry Pi & Pi 2 and its attached USB devices.
- Plugable’s latest USB 2.0 7-Port High Speed Hub. Includes our most robust power adapter ever, capable of a massive 60 watts at 12V 5A, enough to power all of your devices with ease. (UK & EU Mains Plugs Included, 100-240V 50/60Hz)
- Hub enables connecting 7 additional USB devices. Forwards and backwards compatible with all USB 3.0, 2.0, or 1.1 host controllers and devices on Windows, Mac, and Linux/Unix computers at USB 2.0 speeds up to 480 Mbps. Transfer rates are device and USB host controller dependent. Fully plug and play, devices can be hot-plugged, supports USB over-current protection. Requires no driver installation (although individual devices may require drivers).
- Apple notes: Note that some devices such as the Apple SuperDrive look for Apple-specific signaling and will not work when connected through any USB hub.
- Hub supports the USB Battery Charging 1.2 Standard (BC 1.2) for unique charge and data sync functionality that most hubs do not have. See “Power and Charging” below for more information.
- Master blue power LED. Professional matte black finish. Compact and stackable design. All 7 ports on one side to minimize cable clutter and maximize accessibility.