A towering achievement in power.
With more processing power, more graphics performance, and more storage options than any other Mac, the possibilities with Mac Pro are limitless.
Choose your cores: 4, 6, or 12.
The Mac Pro offers two advanced processor options from Intel. The Quad-Core Intel Xeon processor is available in a single-processor, quad-core configuration at 3.2GHz. For even greater speed and power, choose a 6-Core Intel Xeon processor. Since the Mac Pro comes with either one or two processors, you can have a 6-core Mac Pro at up to 3.33GHz, or, to max out your performance, a 12-core system at up to 3.06GHz.
The single-die advantage.
Many multicore processors are composed of two separate dies, which means some cached data has to travel outside the processor to get from core to core. That’s an inefficient way to access information. Enter the Quad-Core and 6-Core Intel Xeon processors. Their single-die, 64-bit architecture makes 8MB or 12MB of fully shared L3 cache readily available to each of the processor cores. The result is fast access to cache data and greater application performance. Combine that with the other technological advances and you get a Mac Pro that’s up to 1.5x faster than the previous generation.
Fast memory. And lots of it.
System memory is often connected to a processor through a separate I/O controller. But Intel Xeon processors feature an integrated memory controller. By connecting memory directly to the processor, the Mac Pro processors have faster access to data stored in memory, and memory latency is reduced.
The integrated memory controller, along with fast DDR3 ECC SDRAM at either 1066MHz or 1333MHz, gives the Mac Pro an increase in memory bandwidth over previous generations. More bandwidth allows for more data to be fed to the processor faster, helping each core spend its time p
- The Intel Xeon processors support Hyper-Threading, which allows two threads to run simultaneously on each core.
- QuickPath Interconnect – gives the Intel Xeon processors quick access to the disk, I/O and other Mac Pro subsystems
- The Mac Pro meets the stringent low power requirements set by the US Environmental Protection Agency, giving it ENERGY STAR qualification.
- The Mac Pro features Turbo Boost, a dynamic performance technology that automatically boosts the processor clock speed based on workload
- Xeon processors feature an integrated memory controller.